09 August, 2008

Lost & Found Stamp Album

Collecting stamps were my hobby since I was in primary school. Buying and collecting the latest stamps was part of my life that time. Besides than a new one, my dad were also helping me to find the used stamps from oversea envelope. He loved to collect stamps when he was young too. He gave me all of his collection when he found out that I loved to collect stamp. Until I stepped in to secondary school, the feeling of collecting stamps were slowly gone and disappeared from my mind. Until I just kept my stamp album into the closet.

Day by day, month by month and year by year! Until the last few months when I bought a stamps from the post office, I only realized where the hell are all of my collected stamps? I looked into my drawers, closet and book rack. I was unable to find it! I thought it might be totally lost and gone! Maybe my mom had threw away for recycle? "When that thing are new, I'll take care of it. And when it's already old, I'll throw it away", I talked to myself. This is my bad habit. Until that day when I need to it, I can't find! And it's already late for me to feel regret! Gosh!

Just now, my mom asked me to check all the books from my closet either still got use or not. If not, she will send it all to the charity organisation. And my mom actually had already took out all the books and put inside a big box. I'm a lazy pig isn't it? I started to keep checking one by one. Some are SPM buku teks, kamus, magazines and many more excepted the "X-book". LOL! Just kiding.

Check, throw, check, throw and suddenly I saw a book which is labeled "Stamp Album"!! Oh my...that's my old stamp album!! And finally I found it. I flipped from page to another page. All of my stamps are attached fine! Thank you, my mom and sorry! I thought she had threw it away at first. Haha! And I will keep it in a safe place and will let my children to have it in the future! Thanks again!

Inside my stamps album ::

First Day Cover Menara KL, Oct 1996 ::

First Day Cover Pusat Sains Negara, Nov 1996 ::

First Day Cover Sukan Komanwel ke XVI, Dec 1996

First Day Cover Burung Tanah Tinggi Malaysia, Jan 1997 ::

Old and used stamps since Malaya ::

Olympic Seoul 1988 from Bangladesh ::

Silver Jubilee Of Victory Day from Bangladesh ::

Other oversea stamps from USA, Britain, China,
Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, State of Qatar,
India, Pakistan, Thailand, Saudi Arabia and many more ::



7 comments:

yayawoo said...

damn... now u remind me... " where's mine stamp album now??" cilakak lo... i also got quite a lots la... but really no idea where i put it jor...
may be we can do some stamp exchange ^^

jeepeng said...

oic

mc said...

wa....原来你这样文艺的啊!收集邮票呢!!!^^i dunno how to write in english...u know la....my english is broke...

dominic said...

fuiyoh....
hobi yang amat dashyat sekali!
power lar u!

Reinert Lee said...

yayawoo // Yeah! Go and find back your collection somewhere under your bed or on top the roof! Haha! Bring it out one day!

jeepeng // LoL, u took my camera and previewed these images that day!

ymc // "You have the original art ah! Collect stamps?" translated via Google Translator. This were my hobby since small. I didn't know what is Art that time! Haha!

dominic //The Power of Dream, Honda? Or The Power of Printing, UPP? Aku tak ada "power" la. As what I told you, I like the rock band named Powderfingers :)

Jhunnie said...

I also got alot wor.. you want ar ? next time i go back taiping and bring all for you =D

yayawoo said...

ok ok, this national holiday, i go back and try to search for it! then we bring to JB! do exchange!!! wuahaha!!! get back some collecting stamp feel ^^

Bookmark and Share